Having trouble playing Thumper? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll get back to you soon.
Answers to common issues are below. And you can check our Steam Community Hub to see if your issue has already been solved.
- Thumper is a fast-paced action/twitch game and reasonably low video latency is essential for a good experience. If you see visible lag between pressing inputs and actions, check if your TV/monitor supports a "game" mode and enable it.
- High audio latency will cause in-game audio to feel out of sync with the visuals. We are working on a calibration feature to help mitigate this issue. For now, you might be able to reduce audio latency in a couple ways:
- If you are using an audio receiver, try routing through TV speakers instead
- On PS4, the headphone jack on the controller and PS VR should both provide low latency audio
STEAM/WINDOWS PC ISSUES
Game won't start (includes case where Steam "Preparing to launch" window appears/disappears repeatedly)
- Verifying your Steam installation might help:
- Right-click Thumper in your Steam Library > Properties
- Click "Local Content" tab
- Click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache..."
- Thumper requires the Visual Studio 2013 redist to run. Steam should install it automatically, but it can get corrupted. Please try downloading and installing it manually using this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
Crash when attempting to apply video settings
- We are currently investigating. Some users have found disabling external tuning/tweaking programs like the RivaTuner will fix this issue. We are working to get the game to co-exist better with these types of programs.
Does Thumper require a VR headset to play?
- No. You can play the entire game on PS4 with/without PS VR. And on Windows PC with/without Oculus Rift or HTC Vive.
Does Thumper support surround sound?
- No. It's stereo only.
Is Thumper coming to other platforms?
- Thumper is currently available on PS4 and Windows PC. We don't have set plans for other platforms yet, but we ultimately want to support everything that makes sense.