Thumper has been updated on Steam and PS4 with the new PLAY + mode. You will become the resplendent golden beetle. You’ll gain more points and scream through all nine levels faster than ever. But die once, and it’s GAME OVER.
If you’ve already beaten the game, PLAY + mode is the ultimate test of your thumping skill. If you’re new to the game, just beat Level 3 to unlock the new mode!
PlayStation Pro launches today and we’re excited to support it from day one. On PS4 Pro, Thumper's psychedelic hellscape shines in glorious native 4K at 60 FPS (with no upscaling). And with Pro and PS VR, high quality supersampling and anti-aliasing enhance the ominous immersion while maintaining the same rock solid 90 frames per second.
Based on all your feedback, we've made multiple improvements that benefit PC, PS4, and PS VR gamers:
- Improved audio mastering and better volume levels when using headphones (PS4)
- In-game volume control (find it under Options > Audio)
- Thumper starts up in VR mode if PS VR is connected and powered on (PS4)
- Holding OPTIONS button resets PS VR tracking orientation (PS4)
- Thumb relief: you can now use R1 in addition to (X) to thump
- Quick restart: press L1 to restart from the current/previous checkpoint
- Restart from previous checkpoint. Allows you to restart from the current checkpoint or the immediately previous one. If you quit the level or app, you lose the ability to restart from the previous checkpoint. This reduces frustration for players who want to grind out S-Ranks.
- Press and hold (X) button to speed up death animation
- Hold (X) button on score screen to speed up animation
We're still working on more updates, including A/V calibration and support for Oculus and Vive. Thanks for your patience as we continue to make Thumper the best game we can.
Let us know what you think about the latest update!